Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer flow ii

<a href=photo" width="640" height="320">

Summer flow ii

I had a trip to Pont Melin Fach up river from Pontneddfechan on Sunday to show a friend and his girlfriend visiting from Australia the waterfalls. After a couple of fruitless (photographically speaking) hours at a couple of the falls we walked back up stream towards the car park. Surprise surprise, as soon as we’d decided to head off something grabbed my attention and got me snapping. The reflections and intertwined currents of the river on the flatter sections between the car park and the first of the falls were what caught my eye and I could have spent another couple of hours teasing out pictures from the river’s surface. As it was I made do with a couple of handheld shots while everyone else carried on up to the car park.

Not sure if I prefer this cooler photo or the previous upload with the splash of pink in the top right. I've uploaded both, perhaps you can tell me which you think works best. If you don't like either I'd also welcome any constructive criticism.

PS please have a look on black for the full effect (press L)

Tags

Landscape

Pontneddfechan

Water

Brecon

Brecon Beacons National Park

River

Abstract

UK

Reflections

Afon Hepste

surprise surprise, summer flow, melin, constructive criticism, full effect, car park, beacons, waterfalls, currents, reflections, girlfriend, australia, photo

Flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment